AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How long till Christmas?

I can not believe it is almost Christmas. Where has time gone? I am slightly in better Christmas spirit then I have been. I think I even got caught humming a Christmas tune. I blame it on the commercials on tv for playing Christmas music.

Last Friday, we had a delightful dinner (pizza and beer!) date with some friends. M/E and ABW from this post and another couple. I will call the DH of this couple CC (for conservative cook) and DW will be called TG (for tea girl). I have to say that I love CC and TG. The conversation is always great, even if slightly political. I guess since CC and I have a lot of the same views, I feel more of an equal when I talk to him. This couple is so down to earth though and just super easy to be around. They also love DSS and always look forward to visiting with him. This dinner was different then previous get togethers with M/E and ABW. ABW and I spent some time alone just talking and sharing "war stories." She also told me how it is extremely obvious how much Scott loves me (yeah!) and how should would be happy if we were to change the status of our relationship (double yeah!).

Now, why is this important? See, Scott gave to me a beautiful diamond. I have been telling people that it may look like an engagement ring, smell like an engagement ring and probably even tastes like an engagement ring. But it's not. I have been admittedly worried about changing the status of our relationship from "boyfriend/ girlfriend" to "engaged." I do love Scott and do plan to spend the rest of life with him. I am not sure that I need the status change to let the world know that I plan to stay with Scott literally until death do us part. (BTW, he is soooo busted if he dies before me ;)) So, I haven't been wearing my ring (which I do wear on that all important finger) out when we are hanging with our friends. I know that people's eyes will automatically look at it and they assume that congrats are needed. But, I think that is about to change. I have decided I will wear it proudly now and if people says "congratulations" I will say "thank you" and let it be. If they want to know if we are engaged, I am going to say "I plan to spend my life with Scott and to me to be engaged is just a fancy way of saying that. I am not into formal or fancy so I am not saying we are engaged." (Or some variation of that.) And the people who know me best will know that I am not lying when I say that I am not into formal or fancy.

Boy, that got wordy. Oh, and forgot to mention however, that until DSS is a little older, I think I will still not wear it out and about when we have DSS. I mean, I don't want to confuse the poor kid. At least for now. After a while, people will stop noticing the ring and stop pointing it out and saying something and then I will feel more comfortable wearing to when we have DSS and gatherings to attend.

Back to Christmas now. I am done shopping and have to do some wrapping. Drama has reared it's ugly head in my family so I am not sure about our plans yet. One of these days drama and Aunt Flo are going to have to take a long vacation together. Very long to a very far away place. I think I am due for a little visit from Aunt Flo on Christmas Day (my favorite present) so I really don't want a visit with Drama too.

Merry Christmas everyone! I think I naughty with just enough nice to get a little something-something from my Santa! ;)

1 comment:

Steph said...

Do you wear other rings ever? Since I wear other rings as well on other fingers, no one really took notice other than my grandmother and mother, who then would pull people aside and demand they ask me about my ring. *rolls eyes*
Hope santa slips you a nice present. ;)