AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

Snarky post, Part 2

Ok, after rereading my "snarky" post today, I realize it wasn't as snarky as I thought it was. After all, I was in a pissy mood when I wrote. See, I have blogged about assvise and the people who love to give it before, so I felt pretty damned irritated when I wrote this blog. I got one of those Christmas questions emails that get passed around. One of the questions was "what do you want for Christmas?" I answered honestly with "a baby." I hit the reply all button and off the email was sent. Well, a former co-worker, who I haven't had contact with for years, was on that list. Obviously, she was surprised that I am no longer with my ex. She also noticed that I am now in a new relationship and wanting a baby with Scott. She responds with "just relax and don't try so hard...it will happen. Besides you're not even married so maybe it won't happen until you get married. "Any-who,"* good luck with the baby thing. Try taking a vacation, it always worked for me. My wonderful daughter and her hubby are going to start trying soon...maybe you can give each other some tips. Also, try not think too much about it, enjoy being child free since kids change your life so much, and it will all happen according to God's plan."

Now, I pretty much copied and pasted her email to me here...took out some names and added an asterisk. She always said "any-who" and would add about five seconds of oouuuuuuu onto it when she talked. It would sound like eennnyyywhouuuuuu. Annoyed the shit out me!

I choose not to respond to her email. I was going to send her a link to resolve.com or something like that but realized she truly believes what she is saying. So blogged instead.

3 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am so sorry. I am mad FOR YOU. I am tired of so many insipid remarks from people. Don't they think we know our own business?!

Steph said...

I hate "anywhooooo".
She apparently has never had a real conversation with anyone who has ever struggled over anything. Those types of assvice are dumb to give anyone in any situation regardless of what it is.

Barb said...

UUUUUUGH!!!!!