AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. Don't tell me I am getting sick...just don't even think it.
2. Seriously, it is colder then cold at 5:30 in the morning.
3. I miss eating carbs.
4. Baklava is not low carb.
5. I ordered a low carb burger at Carl's Jr. with only the meat, cheese and jalapenos. I did not ask for the meal...just the burger. I should have realized your mistake when you gave me a cup but I didn't. French fries are not low carbs. It is cruel and unusual punishment to give a person on a low carb diet a bag filled with fries.
6. I only ate 4 and tossed the rest. I am sooooo proud of my extreme will power.
7. Now I am craving carbs even more then ever.
8. Favoritism, lack of discipline, and divorce can really fuck a kid up. So can letting your adopted child have lots of contact with the bio-mom, a drug addict, alcoholic with zero parenting skills.
9. I don't want to shop for stocking stuffers.
10. Wait, is my boss coming down with something too?
11. I can't fucking believe that the hockey game was not televised...again! GRRR!
12. I can not fucking believe we lost tonight in overtime.
13. I am soooooo crying over the fish sticks right now.
14. Hockey makes me cuss.
15. I am not ashamed of my "hockey mouth."
16. I really want a crackberry...I mean blackberry.
17. My dinner was awesome...and low carb!
18. Maybe I am not sick...just hurting.
19. I really hate having arthritis.
20. But have lived with it for over 1/2 of my now life...so I deal with it.
21. My gyn and my neuro docs are the best...the very best.

I was going to stop at 20 but I had to mention my low carb and yummy dinner. We had Omaha hamburger patties, bbq'ed with pepper jack cheese on top. I fried bacon strips that I cut into small bites. After the bacon was brown and crispy, I added in dices (fresh) mushrooms, a small bit of red onion and sauteed them all together. Drain some oil and add thawed chopped spinach. I turned the heat to a low simmer and let it mix together until it was time to serve. I mixed it a lot in the beginning and then put the lid on it and let it sit. Very good!

2 days until the end of boot camp. Stay tuned for my final results.

1 comment:

nancy said...

It's always harder to deal with what we aren't allowed to eat than to not just eat it.

4 fries? wow. I'm so impressed.