AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

More on Christmas and stuff

Christmas day was not as hard as Christmas Eve. I mean, I sat and watched Scott's kids open gifts and what not. I could almost imagine our child on Christmas day, opening gifts and laughing. I guess I was able to deal with it by detaching myself emotionally from the events of the day. I took no joy watching the kids open their gifts or sharing dinner with them. It sucks because I know that Scott loves his kids but they just don't come around or visit or even call. Where is the respect? I reminded myself that I am not their mother and that when I have kids of my own, I will try to raise them to respect their elders; instill into them the joy of gift giving and raise them appreciate what they do have. I also remind myself that they are adult children and are not obligated to be respectful anymore have lives of their own.

Of course I was tickled pink that AF did not show up on Christmas day. I looked back at my chart and realized that I would probably get a visit from AF this weekend. Actually, in a perfect world,AF would be here today, I would be pregnant but... this throwing me all off. I planned my tax season around my first IVF consult. I was planning on starting stims when my first post tax season cycle started. Based on my perfectly planned out schedule, I need AF to show by April 19, 2009 in order to start IVF post tax season. I know that this would push my due date to December-ish and not give me much time to be home with my new baby before the start of a new tax season. And I really know that I have got to stop planning my life around tax season but my job is my bread and butter. I need my job. The wait until after April 15th to start IVf is already killing me emotionally. I just don't want any other delays. I don't care who will be at my house or who wants us to visit. MY IVF Will Come First or I Will Freaking Die!!! This cycle has to work out. Please God, if you are reading my blog or listening to me...I need this work out just right.

I hate the whole out of control feeling ttc tosses into your life. I know that it is impossible to control every aspect of your life and that once you toss in a kid, that ability to plan and control as much as possible will get tossed out the window. But I hate not having a plan. Even if I have to deviate from my plan(s), having some semblance of a plan is better then nothing. I always joke that I am an Aquarius and "fly by the seat off my pants." It is true that I am flighty and can be rather spontaneous but that I just all a part of my plan....to appear spontaneous. LOL!

2 comments:

nancy said...

How old are his kids?

And don't worry about starting AF in time ... They'll put you on bcps before that start and they'll be able to control your cycle time that way.

Mrslady1975 said...

The oldest girl is 22 and the youngest girl is 20. He also has a 13 year old son.