AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

I kicked butt...

at San Jose Adventure Boot Camp! I survived my 3 day a week, 4 week boot camp program. I even worked out on my own and took two dance classes too. Now, I still can't say that I lost weight but it is important to remember that muscle weighs more then fat.

I was proud of myself every time I bumped up the weight of my dumbbells. I was ecstatic to be able to the hip lifts.

Ok here are some numbers:

Week 1:

Timed 1 mile run: 14:11
Pushups: 15 in one minute

We didn't get tested again until today.

Week 4:

Timed 1 mile run: 12.29
Pushups: 31 in one minute

My goal was to shave 2 minutes off my run time. I was close but still have some work. Truly, I have the lung capacity of a rock. I can't hold my breath to save my life and breathe all wrong when I run. But I am getting better. My second goal was to be able to do double the pushups. Well, I am happy to say that I did it!! Yeah me.

Tomorrow, after cardio-kickboxing I will get my measurements. I am kinda bummed since I am totally bloated right now (thanks Aunt Flo!!) but figure that I committed, I pushed myself harder then ever and I do look a little thinner. So I have to assume that I lost some inches from somewhere (please not from my boobs!!).

No comments: