AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

"His Panic"

Waiting to board our flight out of SFO, I noticed there was a section on the plane ticket to complete. It asked for nationality, emergency contact name and phone number. Now, I tend to confuse "nationality" with "ethnicity" quite often. For the line that said nationality, I intended to write in Hispanic (my ethnicity). Instead I wrote His (space) Panic. Yes, I am His Panic. Nice! I looked at my ticket after completing it and bust out laughing. I could not believe that I wrote in the words His Panic. I showed the ticket to DBF who got a good laugh. He looked at his ticket and wondered if he should fill in "Her Panic" for his nationality. BTW, yes we are both American.

We were finally able to check into our hotel last night. We got our room key and walked across the courtyard to our room (BTW, is left and right switched in the UK?) and proceed to open the door and see our room...with a single bed. Now, I am all for being cozy in bed and sleeping close Scott at night but a single bed? Really?!? We went back to front desk and it was suggested they could put a folding bed in the room too. Uh...sure...right. We fight for the center of the bed when we sleep in our California King bed at home. Luckily, we were able to switch to a room that had 2 single beds. Yes, our first night of hotel sex and we slept like Ward and June Cleaver.

We did eat at a wonderful Thai and Indian restaurant last night. I was torn between Thai cuisine and Indian cuisine. After dinner, we walked to a bar/pub of sorts and got a night cap. I love a shot of Amaretto right before bed on a cold night. Not a full glass (and I don't actually shoot the drink) but just a small splash to warm the bones.

This is our last day in Hitchin. We will hop a train and go to London for the weekend and then head out to Helsinki on Monday. I hear it will be even colder there.

1 comment:

nancy said...

heh. That's funny!

Even though you had to sleep like june and ward cleaver, I'm still totally jealous still!