AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Royale with Cheese!

We have landed in the UK. Right now, Scott and I are at his office...going on 27 hours of no real sleep. But it’s all good. Cold...but good. We stopped at McDonalds to grab a bite to eat before coming into the office. Instantly, the scene from "Pulp Fiction" popped into my head.

“Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese?” “They don’t call it a quarter pounder with cheese?” “Nah, man, they use the metric system over there. They don’t know what the fuck a quarter pound is!” “So what do they call it then?” “A Royale with Cheese!” “Royale with cheese! What do they call a Big Mac?”

So, we go and yes…you can order a quarter pounder with cheese! The “value” meals that are so darn huge in America are much smaller here in the UK. Actually, it was a good amount of food.

In other news…the girls still hurt. Not as bad as they were hurting but they still hurt. I am also breaking out slightly. This is a sign to me that AF will be showing up here in the UK to join me on this trip. I also got my usual pre-AF cramps. I don’t mind per say since I figured it would be nothing shy of a miracle with end up pregnant using the old fashioned method. But since I have such strong post-o symptoms, I wondered if my body is actually working for a change. Back in the bc days, I would get a terrible headache about a week before af. Sometimes these headaches would turn into migraines and I would be knocked on my butt for a day or so. Well, I would get this headache once in a blue moon during a medicated cycle but never as regular as it was while I was on bc. Well, it got that headache while on the plane ride over here. And I know this headache….it is different from a regular headache. I almost jumped for joy since to me it’s another sign that working out has been doing my body (and hormones good!).

I know that by the end of this trip, I will have many more things to blog about. Since I can’t be certain that I will always have an internet connection here, I will try to blog when I can. Go Sharks!

3 comments:

nancy said...

Yuck. That headache was on the plane? That sucks!

Here's hoping against hope AF isn't coming. I get hardcore af symptoms with my BFPs. If not, at least your body is working now. That's still exciting :)

Have fun on your trip!

Mrslady1975 said...

Yep, full fledge headache on board. :(

Me said...

Love the Pulp fiction reference I mean... not the headache or sore ta-tas. :/