AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Boot Camp part Dos

Lets see, week 1 of my second full boot camp is over. I am pretty sore and blame that on my having to do extra push ups yesterday due to my tardiness. While doing them, I thought to myself "wouldn't it be funny if every time you were late to something, you had to do push ups?" See, I have this pet peeve: don't be late to your doctors appointment or your hair appointment." I hate waiting for my turn because you were late.

Speaking of hair appointments, I made a minor change to my hair style. I have had the same style for so long and I was ready for something slightly different but not dramatically different. I am fine with changing up the color and so so all the time. (Hey, gotta cover those darn grays!) So, last night I asked my simply wonderful hair gal (and friend) if she could make a small change. She knows that I am trying to grow my hair long (more on this in a moment) and so she suggested some layers and bangs. So know I have some layers and a whispy layer of bangs that are angled cut and fairly long still. It looked so very cute when she flat ironed my hair post color and cut.

Ok the long hair thing! See, I have thick, frizzy hair. It is somewhat heavy and can also appear very fly away. I also have a very oily scalp (thanks pcos) and limited patience when it comes to styling my hair. So usually my hair never grows longer the my shoulders (no really, even if I don't cut it!). I have tried growing it and growing it but it seems to stop growing around shoulder length. Since I have been off birth control and on prenatal vitamins, my hair has gotten slightly longer. This is the length (just passed my shoulders) that I get fed up with the heavy pony tail and frustrated with my lame styling attempts and off it goes. I am amazed that I am sticking to my "honey if you don't shave off your beard, I won't cut my hair" deal.

Ok, back to boot camp. We had our timed test today and I sucked! My mile run actually went up from last test day. But, my push up test was a little better. I was able to do a few more then last test day. All and all, I would say I am getting stronger but my lung capacity (endurance?) hasn't improved one bit. I swear, I sound like a 3 pack a day smoker when I run. I hack and cough and huff and puff and puff some more. I have decided that I have the lung capacity of a rock. But, I really pushed myself today and plan to keep doing so.

PS: the title is boot camp part two for the non-spanish speakers/ readers! ;)

1 comment:

elephantscanremember said...

Kudos to you for taking this so seriously! I love to work out, and just need the motivation. Your breathing will come with time.

My dh told me he heard to inhale while you're stepping with your left foot and exhale when stepping with your left foot. I am not sure if it is so much a rhythm thing as it is physiological. It's easier on the lungs somehow.

Keep updating. I enjoy reading your progress.