AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

ET done

Today was my embyro transfer. I went to bed last night with the firm plan to transfer back two embies. After getting today's embie report, I decided on putting back 3.



Our embie report was this:



Of the eggs that were ICSI'd, we had 1 6-celled embie with no fragmentation, grade A and 1 6-celled embie with 5% fragmentation, grade A.



Of the eggs that were not ICSI'd, we had 1 6-celled embie with no fragmentation, grade A, 1 5-celled embie with no fragmentation, grade A, one 10-celled embie with no fragmentation (not graded due to too many cells) and one 8-celled embie with dark spots (again, not graded).



As other IVF'ers do, I did name my embies. I stuck with a theme near and dear to my heart. The three embies we put back are now known as Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe and Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. For those non-hockey fans, I named my embies after hockey's greatest players.



Wayne Gretzky is now the coach for the Phoenix Coyotes. Wayne was perhaps one of the best goal scorers in hockey and is often referred to as the "The Great One."



Gordie Howe has a "hat trick" (a goal, a fight and an assist) named for him. He was known "Mr. Hockey" and is 6 decades, 32 pro seasons, 2589 career points, 1,071 goals, 29 all-star appearances, all time regular season scoring champ (NHA & WHA combined) all time game winning goal champ, only athlete in the world to play against players in every decade of the pro league's existence (NHL 1920-s to present).



Last but not least Maurice "The Rocket" Richard. The Rocket was known for being a passionate play with a little bit of a short temper. He also the first to score 500 goals in one season over 50 games and 500 career goals.



I know...I am an obsessed hockey fan!



The embies that we are freezing also got named. Patrick Roy (great and famous net minder), Mark Messier (only professional athlete to captain 2 teams) and Mario Lemieux (the "savior" of the Pittsburgh Penguins).



Now the crazy 2WW begins. Grow embies, grow!

1 comment: