AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Blogging about bio-dad

A couple of weekends ago, my sister had a get together at her house. My sister is my only full-blooded sibling; the rest are either step or half. The reason for the gathering you ask? My bio-dad was driving into town to visit my sisters house. We (Sis and I) planned out a meal and who was cooking/ bringing what. I haven't seen my bio-dad is 13 years. That's right, 13 long years. There was no true reason behind that non-visits. It's just that I wasn't really raised by my bio-dad, rather I was raised by my step-dad.



I have to say, it was a really nice visit! I really do miss my dad and as an adult, I have learned to accept and even appreciate my step-mom. My dad is just like I remembered him to be and it was nice just to sit and talk with him. Granted, we have to take some time now to get to know each other again but I am determined to keep in contact now.



I thought for sure that I would have tons to blog about after this visit. I mean, 13 years is a long time to go without a visit. Hell, we only talk about once a year and our phone calls are fairly short.

In other news, I have no "pregnancy symptoms" and I am not expecting any. My uterus feels...like a uterus? I will not POAS before my beta and can only hope and pray for the best.

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am glad you got to enjoy some time with your bio-dad. I am sure he appreciated it too.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Barb said...

Hoping and praying with you.

I have some similar Dad issues.. though not quite as extreme in contact.