AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ER done!

Today was ER day. I slept really good except for I kept dreaming that I got to the office and was told that I already ovulated. Yikes!

I took my Valium at 10 this morning and off we went to the clinic. I got into my gown and situated on the bed. From there, it seemed everything moved really fast. I can recall the doctor starting my IV with saline and he explained the meds that he was going to be giving me. At this point, Scott joined me in the room. I got some meds and was told things will start soon. Before the second set of drugs was put into my IV, the embryologist came into the room to verify my name (where did she come from?) and then more drugs were put into my IV. At this point, I could feel the doctor positioning me but wow! I was feeling pretty darn good. From here, I can recall him telling me what was going on but really did not feel much. I was listening to Black Uhuru on my iPod and feeling the need to close my eyes. Not so much to sleep but to "rest." The doctor then said he was starting the aspiration and the first few my be a little uncomfortable. There was some pain but not overly bad. Scott and I got to watch on the monitor, which was so cool. You could see the needle enter each follie and then the follie would collapse. This part seemed to move very quickly. When all was done, I got another drug in my iv to reverse the affects of the first two drugs.

About 20 minutes after the actual retrieval, I was told we got 7 eggs out of my 8 follies. The doctor was really very pleased. I made the decision at that point to do a partial ICSI.

The nurse kept me at the clinic for a while since I would get dizzy upon sitting up. I was slightly nauseous on the ride home but survived without losing it. I was really in and out this afternoon, alternating between drowsy and wide awake. I got a great nap before dinner.

I am now dealing with crampy, bloated feelings and chugging water like no tomorrow. I am hoping I don't get OHSS. I have had OHSS with an injects/ iui cycle in the past. My lower tummy muscles are super sore right now too.

Tomorrow, we will get the fert report. Until then, I think I will be on pins and needles.

No comments: