AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 2 Down!

Week 2 of boot camp is over. My shins are killing me so I broke down and bought some running shoes. I can't determine if I have lost weight. I have determined that the scale at the gym is broken. One scale says I weigh 112 pounds (whoa man! stop the weight loss) and the other says I still weigh 118 pounds. Sorry but a 6 pound difference is huge.

I am still low on calories and have added a high protein shake and high protein bar to my diet. The shake isn't too bad but the serving size is huge. I got very full (to the point of my tummy hurting) after drinking one. Since they aren't cheap, I am planning on using them as needed. The bars are really good and I can see myself buying more in the future.

I think I set a personal record. I worked out 9 days straight and on two of those days, I worked out 2 times that day. Although I don't consider dance a "workout" per say, it is a workout and calorie burner. Before I digress too much as to why I love dance and why I dance I will just say that I love to dance. I like the night life...I love to boogie; I am a dancing, dancing, dancing machine; I like to shake, shake, shake my groove thing. ;)

Scott and I are really only going to the gym together 2 times a week. We still need to make it a goal to do some kind of exercise on Sundays though. Speaking of the gym, when I was at my cardio-kickboxing class last night I worked up quite the sweat. So, I tucked my shirt up and exposed my belly. OMG! All those mirrors don't lie....I have a fat belly. Not a cute fat belly, but a disgustingly fat belly. Every now and then, someone (usually a stranger) will pat my belly and ask me how far along I am or when I am due. I realize now that these people are either blind, stoned and stupid, or just to nice to say "damn girl! You fat!!" I am going with blind, stoned and stupid for the sake of my ego.

I need to invest in some warmer workout clothes. I have been using Therma Care Heat Wraps, which aren't cheap. I put them on in the morning (usually on my back) before I go work out and leave them on until I shower for work. But Scott is getting tired of cuddling up with me and getting his body hair snagged on them. :( I wear fingerless, weight training gloves but I need to get some with fingers. Every morning, my hands are so cold it hurts. But, the gloves have been my saving grace when it comes time to doing push ups...especially on the cold concrete. I think that all I have to report on boot camp this week. I will do another post to update ya'll on the IVF and ttcing.

No comments: