AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shin Splints and crying

Let's get the tears done with first. Tori Mitchell, a young star who plays for the Sharks, broke his leg and will be out for at least 8 weeks. Why does that bring tears to my eyes? Well, he...in a nutshell...is a damn good hockey player. He gets on the ice and skates his butt off; He shoots the puck whenever possible and he scores! Did I mention he is a team player and works well with Joe Thornton? Did I mention that he skates his butt off and scores?!? Argh!!!

Ok, now that I am done pouting about the Sharks I will talk about shin splints. I know that I was expecting an overnight improvement when I got new running shoes and was therefore disappointed when I didn't get immediate results. So, imagine my surprise when we took our long walk this morning and my shins didn't bother me too much. I went about my morning and got dressed up wearing my new dress from Forever 21 and my cute but very high (4 inch) heels to go to a jewelry party. My shins were fine then too.

So memo to self: Don't run through the grocery store while wearing flip-flops. It will cause your shin splints to hurt...as well as my ankle. Man, I hate this! So now, I am kicking back on the couch in hopes that I feel better by tomorrow morning.

GRRRR!!!

Edited to add: I bought some gloves. They are baseball gloves but since they have leather palms I can still use them for weight training. I also bought a body glove type shirt that is long sleeves and it is super warm. I am using my leg warmers too in an attempt to keep my lower part of my legs warm.

No comments: