AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I ate Rudolph...

for dinner. We were treated to a "traditional" Finish dinner last night. We started off with a thick carrot soup (like tomato soup) with a milk foam topping. I looked like an orange cappuccino! But it was quite good. Our appetizers consisted of lots of fish. I did try the white fish tar tare and the wild mushroom pilaf. There was also pork dish on coleslaw and rye. Very tasty. We drank apple wine (not my cup of tea...eh...wine) and Fin beer. For dinner, Scott and I shared reindeer. It was rather meaty, very tender and not too bad. It did kind of taste like filet mignon. But the meaty taste was slightly heavier then cow meat. The dinner plate consisted of reindeer filets and reindeer meatloaf (not the Fin name!). The meatloaf was also mixed with wild mushrooms. Again, it tasted like hamburger meatloaf with a taste slightly heavier then cow meat. All in all, not a bad dinner. After, we hit up a pub and had a few drinks. I was treated to another traditional Fin drink called "Salmiakki Koskenkorva" (no, I can not pronounce it!). For the black licorice lovers, this was the drink to drink. Mind you, it is very strong and I only sipped about half of a shot. I would compare this drink to anise liquor or "Jaggermeister."

I woke up to news the Obama won the presidential race. Hmmm...should make for an interesting return flight home.

In hockey news, the Sharks beat the Wild and Clowe earned himself a "Gordie Howe Hat Trick!" The San Jose Sharks currently have the best record in the NHL! Keep it up and Sharks coach Todd McLellan may be taking another team to the Cup this year. Ohhh...that would be a dream come true! ;)

No comments: