AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Boot Camp redo

Today I finished my second full boot camp. I did not get measured so I am not sure if I lost any inches or any weight. But I did improve once again on my timed mile run! I am down to 11.35 for a mile and up to 40 push ups.


After boot camp, we all went to coffee. One of the ladies (J) was asking about my IVF. We talked for a while and then she told me her and her DH had to use IVF to conceive their son. J asked which clinic I was using and when I told her she was very excited. She used them too. She had nothing but great things to say about the clinic. While we were talking another women came up to me and said she over heard J and I talking. She told me her and her DH tried for along time too and finally took the IVF route too. I am not sure what her outcome was or any other details. J and I commented that when you are going through IVF, you can feel very alone. You know other women are suffering from IF too but you just don't know who until you start talking about it. It was just amazing that 2 of my fellow boot campers suffered IF.

Thank you everyone who poped on here to support me yesterday. I am forever grateful for the wonderful people who I have met on the various IF message boards. I really appreciate it! I was pretty down yesterday but today is a new day. I am leaving to go on my first ever cruise tomorrow and I am so excited! Not to mention that I love Mexico and we will be cruising down to Mexico. Whoo Hooo! And when we get back our house should be termite free. Yes!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't amazing when you get to really talking to women you meet and all of a sudden you find they are part of our "tribe/sisters"! It is so much more common than you think. As I have said on my blog, the day is coming to infertility when awareness will be as common as it is now with the pink ribbon and yellow rubber bracelets. We might not "cure" infertility, but it will be easier to deal with when friends, family, and co-workers are more aware and supportive! Keep fighting the good fight - and infertility is a good and noble fight!

Mirabel's Parents said...

you are the traveling fiend. i LOVE it! hope you had a great trip, looking forward to hearing about it when you return!