AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What is the worse...

Stealing this from Nancy...but I like the topic.

What is the worse comment you have gotten regarding your infertility and ttcing?

For me, it was "are you sure you want kids? I mean after all, they change your life and its not always for the better. Besides, if it is not happening the "old fashion" way, perhaps its a sign you're not suppose to have kids, right? But if you really want kids, I will give you one of mine." Yikes! This from a person who is related to me...a person who I would support if they were in my shoes.

I have got quite a few actually. I have a few IRL friends who just don't understand *why* I would want kids. I have got the whole "but, your baby daddy is so much older then you!" (OMG! You kidding me...I never realized he was "so much" older then me!!)

I have heard "but, you are not even married. Maybe that's why you are having trouble." (Uh yeah...then please explain to unwed teen pregnancies to me.)

And my personal favorite is "maybe Scott really doesn't want kids and some higher power knows this so fate is intervening and you will never get pregnant." OUCH! (Yes, I am forcing my boyfriend to have large amounts of unprotected intercourse with me...poor guy!)

I once had a PA tell me "you don't understand what kind of miracle pregnancy is...it's not going to happen overnight." (No shit!) This PA was very pregnant and had performed a few of my IUI's.

Ok, enough of my comments. What is the worse you have got?

2 comments:

Steph said...

"maybe if you were more attractive...."
Seriously. Apparently I am infertile cause I am ugly. I had to laugh at that one. I didn't realize that I was so hideous that K's sperm fell over and died at the mere sight of me.

Barb said...

Oh God UCK!

WB - That's CRAZY!