AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Post Lap Post

I finally had my post lap doctor visit. Let me start off by saying that I love my doctor and his staff. The doctor inspected my incisions and then reviewed the lap photos with me. I got to clearly see my uterus, ovaries, tubes, bladder and liver. I had a lot of scar tissue behind my uterus. There were some "lesions" around my bladder too. He did not want to call it endo since there was so little of it but decided to remove all the bad looking stuff. My uterus is fine, albeit slightly retroverted. My right ovary had lots of scar tissue around it and it was stuck up and behind the tube. He removed all of the scar tissue and my ovary popped right back into place. The left ovary was somewhat enlarged and it appeared that ovulation took place within a small time frame. He did not want to say I already ovulated or that I was about to ovulate. Again, there was lots of scar tissue to be removed but the left ovary appeared to be less stuck in place. But, on the left side, there was a lot of scar tissue under the left ovary. Then, the doctor put a dye through the tubes. They appeared to be open and the dye flowed freely. That's a great sign. So now that my girly parts are all nice and clean, I can resume ttcing. I think however I will take another month off since I am hoping to lose a few pounds.

My last major concern was the healing process. See, I have a tendency to get infections. The doctor order two swabs before the surgery. The first was of my nose and the second was of my navel. I seem to have an over-abundance of staph on my skin. We all have staph on us but some us have more then others. My first lap ended with a 3 month staph infection so we decided to be proactive now. I am too keep the incision covered during the day with a nice coating of antibacterial cream and a bandaid. At night, I will put a hot compress on the incision to draw out any yuckies from it and then let the incision get some air.

My goal before our November Mexico cruise is to make appointments for a few different RE Clinics. I want to make sure that I like the clinic and feel that all my questions get answered before we switch insurance and start ivf. I would love to start stimming in January 2009 but I am just not sure that is even an option.

No comments: