AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Color me strange...

I was driving past a house today and noticed the homeowners were having an open house. I was really tempted to stop and look at the house. I have no idea why. I mean, I am not in the market to buy a house (nor can I afford one!), I have no plans to move anytime soon, and don't think We (Scott and I) need another house. But I love stopping and looking at open houses. They are so neat and staged just right. You get to see the house and imagine what you would do if it were your own house. I didn't stop but my strange desire to walk through open houses made me wonder. What other are the other odd things about me.

I love to read death certificates. I don't mean in a disrespectful way to say that. I love looking at people's names and the brief family history on the certificates. I like to read about their choice of cremation or burial and where ashes would go if they were cremated. I look intently at their cause of death, where is happened and if the coroner thinks it was natural, suicide or homicide. I will Google the causes of death if I don't know (based on little medical knowledge) the meaning of certain causes written on the death certificate.

Moving being the morbid, I am a tire kicker. Whenever I am on a car lot, I kick the tires of a car. Why do people kick the tires anyways? Its not like the act of kicking the tire will determine if the car is a lemon or not. And I don't just kick one or two tires either. Any new car on a car lot looks like an opportunity to kick a tire. If I am looking at a car, I will turn around and kick the tires on the car next to it.

I am a neat can freak. We have this cabinet built in our kitchen, just for canned goods. Its called a can cabinet (neat name, huh?!). I have my canned goods in a perfect order, labels facing foward. The cans are grouped to together by product. No can is facing slightly off center and the corn will never be stored with another other group of food but corn. The same is true with tuna, soups, fruit and so on. People like to come to my house and "rearrange" the cans and see how long it takes me to notice. I am thinking about installed an electric fence on my can cabinet. Or a sign that says "Don't touch the cans!" This leads me to another kitchen odditiy. See, we did all stainless appliances in our remodeled kitchen. Stainless appliances = finger prints. It kills me. I spend probally more time a week wiping away finger prints then not. I have joked that I am going to take a finger print anaylsis class so I can smack the hand of the person who leaves a finger print. Yep, I am a freak!

Ok, not that I have spilled my freakishly odd habits out here, I think I will find something normal to do now.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: