AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Story

I met Scott (DBF) back in the 90’s. He was married and I was in a relationship. Fast forward to 2005 and I was in the midst of breaking off my relationship and he was divorced. He volunteered to take me out and I finally accepted. We spent the entire evening together and really got to know each. (I mean really know each other!!!) Somehow, we fast-tracked our relationship and I moved into his house after 6 weeks of dating. It was “supposed” to be temporary but here it is 3 years later and I am still living with him! ;)

About 6 months into our relationship, I got bit big time by the baby bug. I wanted to be mommy. It took a few weeks for me to say anything to him though. Halloween 2005, I finally told him I wanted to try. He actually agreed! I started temping but waited a week or to before I tossed my pill pack. My first “full” cycle (af to af) was a bust; I didn't ovulate! By the 6 month mark, I switched Ob/Gyn's (not ttc related) and went to see my new doctor about my reoccurring UTI’s. She was writing out the prescription and I told her I was ttcing. She and I talked and I explained that I was in a hurry since DBF is 15+ years older then me. She stated that usually doctors will start testing after 6 months if the female is over 35 but in my case she ordered some “basic” tests. I got cd3 labs and cd21 labs. My cd labs were fine but I had high testosterone. At the 9-month mark, I got my HSG. My right tube spilled slowly but the left was ok. At the 11-month mark, I started clomid. I did clomid and the clomid with IUI for a few cycles then took a short break. At the 16-month mark, I had my lap. Everything was ok (or so I have been told). Did I mention that I did 10 cycles of clomid with this doctor?!? At this point I was pretty sure that sex was not going to get me pregnant. I again switched doctors after my ob/gyn told me she was baffled and couldn't help me anymore. She gave me a referral to another gyn who specializes in IF treatments.

I met with the new gyn. I was unsure about him since he was only an gyn but his policy was that he did not want to treat a non-pregnant women with pregnant women waiting in his lobby. I did one more clomid cycle and then on to injects I went. I did 4 injects cycles (only 3 with IUI). I did my last medicated cycle in Jan. 2008. 33 cycles later and I have never seen a bfp. I had 1 beta come back a 7.

Anyone ever see "Pulp Fiction"? Every time I see that movie, I would say (when John Travolta was shooting up) that I would never willingly inject myself with drugs...words that would come back to bite me!!

I am now researching IVF and hope to switch insurance at the end of this year. Hopefully, that will happen and I can start IVF in 2009. I am also saving some money in case switching from the PPO to the HMO is not feasible (I am leaving out those various reasons) so I can start IVF a little sooner and pay for it out of pocket.

1 comment:

Zizzy said...

I'm so glad you posted this! While I know much of your story, it's great to have it here on the blog as a reference.

All the best to you and big hugs!