AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thanks Fergie...

"You got me tripping, stumbling..." That's me today. Don't call me Grace. I thought that once I started pole dancing I would become light on my feet, full of grace and lots of balance. I am getting good at walking in my 6 inch stilettos. Actually, I love my shoes. I love having my own pole. I hate that I still feel like I am just not that graceful. I know that I am my own biggest critic. But I do know (thanks to my wonderful teacher) that I have horrible balance. A small part has to do with the fact that I have a weak core. I have been trying to tighten it up and strengthen it. Another factor is that my left leg is shorter then my right leg. Right now, its quite obvious to the naked eye. This requires a few visits to the chiropractor but I am trying to avoid that to save some money. A slight side note, I get major motion sickness. This leads me to believe that I must have some inner ear issue, which can affect balance. But just the 5 weeks that I have been dancing (I took a break to stim) my body is feeling better. I am getting back into the groove again. "But wait," you ask, "aren't you stiming right now?" Yes, yes I am but since I had no clue I was going to be stimming again when I signed up. My wonderful instructor has put some limits on what I can do (most of the warm up, most of the dance) and what I can't do (no going upside down, no power crunches), and since there are only 2 classes left, I am sticking with both dancing and stiming.

So back to the tittle of this post. I just got the Fergie cd for my birthday. I love it. And that song "Clumsy", which by the way can stick in your head. And I always feel very clumsy in my everyday life but super sexy when dancing and after my dance class. So thanks Fergie for summing it all up for me. ;)

2 comments:

Hummingbird said...

OMG! I have wanted to do pole dancing for quite a while. Do you have your own pole in your bedroom? Your DH must be over the moon with that. How sexy!!!

Zizzy said...

I'm clumsy, too. My mom wouldn't let me take ski lessons passed my first attempt because she was afraid I'd kill myself. Yes, born and raised in Utah and I can't ski. I also get bad motion sickness. Maybe there's something to it.

Will you pole dance for me sometime? I can't wait to see your house and all the new improvements. :)