AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

This just pisses me off!

We have all heard the story of the Octuplets born to a California lady. Most people think that IVF was the cause the high order multiples. Wrong! Huge misnomer. Responsible RE's will not allow a women to put 8 embryos back. This pregnancy was probably due to injectible medications, most likely FHS, and either IUI or just god old fashion sex.

But that's not what pisses me off. This article states this mom already has 6 other kids at home. I have nothing against big families per say but it kills me to read that she now has 14 kids.

To be fair, I know my frustrations/ anger stems from the "donor egg talk" and the "you have scar tissue, high E2 and a low antral follicle count, your chances are on the low side." Shit! It's not supposed to be like this. I was supposed to grow up, get married, have kids, a house with a white picket fence and a dog. It wasn't supposed to be this hard. I am not asking for 14 kids...just 1.

And, even more so, I hate feeling like "why me." I have this anger inside and I am honestly depressed about the shitty cards life has dealt to me. I hate feeling like I need pity. I want to be happy and more importantly, optimistic that IVF can still work for me. Kick in the butt anyone?

I am editing this post to add this tidbits about the octuplet mom:

1) 14 kids2) Mom in her late twenties3) no Boyfriend or Husband4) lives at home with parents5) in a 2bdrm house, More "fun" news here too.

Nice! I am sure my tax dollars are hard at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This woman is not infertile and the media needs to focus on that and give society at large a little Reproduction and Infertility 101!!! You have every right to be pissed off! I encourage you and everyone that reads this to write to The View, Oprah, The Today Show, 20/20, Dateline, etc to set the record straight!!!