AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gutsy, Stupid or what?

I want to start off by saying this may have happened to me before but this time it just blew me away. Here is a conversation I has this morning with a new client.

Client: So, do you have plans for this saturday or can I take you out for dinner?
Me: Yes, I do have plans...I am picking up my Husband from the airport.
Client: Oh, so you're married?
Me: Happily married.
Client: Nice earrings...I suppose that's why your "husband" (he did the quote with his fingers in the air) hasn't put a ring on your finger...he's putting all those diamonds in your ears and nose.
Me: Haha...actually, my husband has decided that for every year we are together, he is going to add another diamond to the band...its in the shop right now getting that done...
Client: Oh...wow! I guess its a good thing I am not taking you this weekend then...You seem kinda high maintenance.
Me: Uh yeah...and how much did you want to pay for your taxes again?
Client: Ha ha...I guess I should stop while I am ahead.

So I'd like to point out that I am not really married to Scott but do considered him my soul mate. I would also like to add that I have a rather large (8 x 10) picture of Scott and I in my office, as well as a few smaller photos too.

Now, I don't think I qualify for any beauty queen. I think I am just ok. But, we are our own worst critics, right? I have had a manager at a restaurant follow to my car, attempt to pick me up and then give me a free meal, even when I said I was not single. I have had a few clients here and there ask me out. Heck, Scott was one of those clients. I was shocked by this guys (new clients) arrogance. I mean, wow!

Have at it readers: Does a ring stop you from pursuing someone? If someone says their married and you don't see a ring do you assume it's a lie or their marriage is in trouble?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I swear I get hit on more now that I am married than I did when I was single. Sometimes I think they see the ring as a challenge and treat it like a sport.
My husband always wears his ring and it doesn't matter. He has women, and men, constantly trying to get with him.