AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

The good news is...

You're still unexplaned. My IVF co-ordinator called me today and has determined that I do not have PCOS. I have been diagnosed and undiagnosed with PCOS so many times now. She said to continue to take 1000 mg of metformin for now since it does seem to be helping with my weight issues and my testosterone. Wait?! I don't have PCOS but metformin (the wonder drug for PCOS'ers) is helping me with issues that commoningly plague those with PCOS?! Color me confused. I finally found out Scott's blood type (O+) and am relieved to find out that I am immune to chicken pox and german measels. Our infectious disease came back in the clear (no surprise really) and my hormone levels were fine. My fsh was a nice low 4.8. My lh was 4.2. My tsh was is the normal range as was my prolactin. The metformin must also be keeping that nice and low. In the past, it has gotten rather high. We are still "hurring up to wait" but I am relieved that we got the labs out of the way. I am still waiting on Scott's full s/a results.

Being "unexplained" just sucks though. I mean, if you have PCOS or endo, you know you have a problem. Sure, we have male factor issues but it seems like there are ways around it. My lining has never been too bad. I just don't get it.

On a side note, I did pretty good last night. Last night was truly my first night alone. I didn't sleep with all the lights on in the house. Of course I did sleep twisted into a pretzel and woke up horribly sore. I slathered ben-gay all over myself the help relax my sore muscles then took a hot shower.

23 mores days until the end of tax season!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Unexplained DOES totally suck. Sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to have a reason.

Did you get the numbers for your TSH? There is some controversy about what "normal" is. Under 3 is considered the "new normal", but most doctors still consider normal up to 5.

Sorry - I've gotten kind of weird and militant about it. ;-)

Mrslady1975 said...

Hi Allison,

My Tsh is usually between 2 and 3. My doctor put me on synthoid when it got over 3. My endo likes to see TSH no higher then 2.5 (I think) when ttcing.

Em