AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A whole new world of IVF

First of all, my apologies for not blogging; but, tis the tax season.

I am finally (one of the few times I can use that word) starting my IVF. Between February and April 16th, we have given blood, had consultations, a few RHA (lupron challanges), a SHG, an S/A and an injects class. Now, I say "We" since Scott and I have been side by side every single appointment.

A funny conversation occurred during my SHG between Scott, Dr. S and myself. I took a pain pill re-SHG due to the extreme pain my HSG caused me. I had my iPod loaded with Bob Marley tunes to keep me relaxed. Dr. S came into the room and remarked on my iPod. Let me explain that I only had one ear piece in and had the volume very low so I could hear the doctor talk to me. I didn't want to be rude but need Bob singing to me too. Anyways, Dr. S commented and I explained that I was listening to Bob to keep me calm. Dr. S remarked that his household listens to lots of reggae too. Scott and I laughed and I joked that it must be fate that I choose this clinic.

So, my calender has me taking BCP's (which BTW is killing my sex drive) until 4/23/09. I am also giving myself 2 lupron shots a day. That's all for now. Coming soon: AF and baseline ultrasound.

Oh yeah, did I mention we will also be doing a partial ICSI? That means more drugs for me. I did get my obligatory drug shots and a "pre-ivf" belly shot. I will post those soon.

Ah, the fun times!

1 comment:

elephantscanremember said...

I hope you only have to endure one cycle of this. You will get your bfp!!