AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Say what?!

Scott and I had our IVF/ Egg Freezing Study consult today. We met with Dr. Mehta. She was very nice but sadly she is leaving the practice. She reviewed all of my medical records and what not. She then declared that we were most likely "unexplained." She looked at Scott's SA and said it's "not bad" but probably not bad enough to qualify for the study. She gave us some lab slips for blood work and a repeat SA for Scott. This SA will be more detailed and look at more then basic count, ect. She did a "baseline" ultrasound, but I am on cd7 so it wasn't very productive. It appears I have a cyst (I thought so due some odd pain I have been having) and a low antral (sp?) follie count. She mentioned DOR and how poor my lining looked. I wanted to say, "hello it's only day 7" but figured it wasn't going to change my lining any. My ovaries looked very un-poly cystic. But I do have a nice cyst on my right ovary. That news did not surprise me one bit. I have a slight achey feeling kinda like I am stiming right now. Hmmm....I wonder if all those times I thought I had good follies were wrong. I have never had a day 3 scan before. I wonder if we could have resolved my IF issues much sooner. Wonderful! Now we have to hurry up and wait.

I was a little disappointed too though. I was hoping the doctor would review my medical records and say Aha! This is why you're not pregnant yet. Alas, no cigar. I was also very surprised that neither Scott nor I had infectious disease testing. Actually, that's not what surprised me. What surprised me is that in California, you must have these tests done before you do and IUI or IVF. That's news to me. I was tested for my own peace of mind at the beginning of 2005. All my tests came back negative. I also have been tested for HIV numerous times due to my being a blood donor. The Red Cross is constantly calling me for my blood too!

Ok, I know this sounds very scatter-brained. I wanted to get this all out before the details got too fuzzy in my little taxed brain. Honey, if you read this blog, let me know if I missed something or am confusing something.

I am looking foward to tons of non-baby making sex. I pretty much have to let it go for now. It's in God's hand if I get accepted to the study or have a baby on my own. The DOR words scared me. But I have to accept that this is completely out of my hands. Wow...I used the "I" too many times. That should have read "It's in God's hands if WE get accepted to the study or have a baby on our own." Sometimes I feel so obsessed that I forget we (Scott and I) are in this together.

55 days left in the tax season!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

"unexplained" is truly a word I have come to despise. It tells you nothing - gives you nothing to work on. My RE told me it just means they haven't figured the problem out yet. Well, get on that, would ya?!

We have now had to do the infectious disease testing now twice. I guess you have to do it once a year when you are going through fertility tx. I didn't ask if it was a mandate, though.

Sorry you are feeling frustrated. Hope your "unexplained" is figured out soon!

Barb said...

My lining always gets thicker as the cycle days tick by, so if that's what you're looking for, I say it's very possible. :)

Hate that unexplained crap. Even when you ARE explained, they "fix" you and then are at a complete loss as to why you "still" aren't pregnant. (with a successful pregnancy). sigh.