AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Do I need a reason to like it?

Today was one of those days...you know those days that you run into 5 pregnant people; those days you have to hear about someone else in your family who is pregnant; those days when people come into your office with their new born.

I think I almost rolled my eyes out of my head when my mother told me that my step cousin and his wife are expecting. Then, I got the "email." Oh yes, the "announcement" which I basically saw as a request for gifts. My real beef is this same couple did not send me a thank you note after I went to their out of town wedding and spent a decent amount on a wedding gift. But I will also have to admit that I am jealous. Oh yes, that little green monster is coming out again.

I also saw at least 5 pregnant women through out my day. Normally not a problem but I had to trample down the "menstrual aid" isle last night to buy some more pads and pass all the baby stuff on my way. I literally hid behind a box of pads and a bottle of soap to avoid looking at all that baby stuff. Ok, sometimes it is a problem to see pregnant women but I digress.

The Sharks lost again today...I lost count as to how many we have lost now. The trade deadline is approaching and I am curious to see what kind of moves the GM is going to make. I have heard some ugly rumor and I will totally cry if we do lose who we are rumored to trade.

I have been hoping the spell check would start to work again but still no luck. Again, forgive me for my typos; my laptop can't keep up with me.

55 days in the tax season...the count down has begun!

2 comments:

KatieM said...

Ugh....poop on days like that...really, they suck =(

OK, since you mentioned taxes...this is my last tax question I swear....I have pretty much decided filing separately is the best thing to do for me and DH in terms of refund amount, however if we do this will we still be eligible for the tax break coming around May or June? Thanks!

Mrslady1975 said...

Hi Kat!

It appears that tax payers filing as "married filing separately" are treated like single taxpayers. Your AGI would have to be below $75,000 to get the max. rebate. I am still trying to do some research on this but this is what I have read so far. I am going to post this on your blog too!

I hope you are having a good day.

Em