AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Florida Vacation

After the craziness of October (and the October 15th tax filing deadline), I was more then ready for a vacation. I knew once AF showed that needed to get away from my life or risk going mad. Luckily, we had planned to take a vacation! Saturday morning could not come soon enough and once we boarded the plane, I could feel tax season tension leaving my body but I couldn't shake the "my IVF failed" tension completely.

We did have a blast in Florida though. We had a nice time share close to Scott's mom's house and used her car for the week. Score! No rental car fees for us.

First tourist stop? Disney World! It was not a great as it seems like it should be but I bet if I were 4 again, Disney World would be awesome. But we still have fun and I got to do things I never got to do on my previous visit to the Magic Kingdom.

Day two and we hit up the Animal Kingdom. Holy Smokes! That place is amazing. To add to my excitement on Day two I got to meet a fellow blogger and IF message board friend Barb! This made my trip. I was really bummed it wasn't a longer visit but I am now certain that more trips to Florida are in my future. Woot!

We spent a day hanging with various friends/ previous co-workers of Scott's and then on Thursday went to the Space Center. It is neat but some of it seems to technical for kids to enjoy. Of course, that is my opinion but I would still recommend going at least once.

Friday we lounged some, went to a great hot dog place in Tampa (clearly there is a story behind this) and went to Hard Rock Cafe inside the Universal Studios. We also noticed a Bob Marley restaurant but did not go inside.

By Saturday morning, I was ready to head home, even if it meant a long plane ride. With stops in North Carolina and Denver, it seemed like we were on the plane forever.

I also came home to a treat: Hungarian Goulash and Spiced Rum and Egg nog. OMG...YUM!!!

Now I am trying to get back into "normal" life. I had a long conversation with my Gyno about my failed cycle and what to do now. For starters, he took me off Metformin with the caveat that I watch my weight, carb/ sugar intake and get retested in 6 months or so to see how my blood sugars are doing. He also talked some about donor embies/ donor eggs. It felt pretty good to talk some but I am not quiet ready for my post IVF consult.

A few people here and there have noticed that I seem off but one day at a time...right?

3 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am glad you had a great time. You definitely deserved it! (Next time you need to stop off here in Alabama.)

You're such a great lady, Em.

Barb said...

Wow. Great update! You sound wonderful. :) The Bob Marley place isn't that awesome, so don't feel badly that you missed it. haha.

And I meant to say thank you so much about your kind words from before. I get pretty insecure about how people may perceive me when I meet them for the first time, so it meant a lot. :)

If you decide to come back, let me know!

Barb said...

p.s. I didn't post anything about seeing you b/c I wasn't sure about the privacy thing. But now that you've posted, I can too. ;)