AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

IVF #2...and we're off

Yesterday was baseline day and it was great. I am thinking acupuncture is doing something because I had a record number of follies: 6 on the right and 9 on the left. That is huge...for me. The plan is to start with large doses of FHS and add HMG to the mix. Should be interesting since I have never done HMG before.

Other then battling a cold and gearing up for the 3rd big deadline of the tax year, nothing new is happening. My house is still in shambles but we are making some progress. I have big dreams of sitting in my house knowing that it is finished.

I did a tax return for a former co-workers daughter. Her daughter is nice and extremely beautiful. This gal (the daughter), well lets just call her Mrs. P and Mr. Ex had some interesting runs ins in the past. I always wondered what transpired between these two. Fast forward to the future and she marries a jack ass who beat the crap out of her. I apparently am the poster child for women who need their taxes prepared after their asshat ex's beat them. She came in to meet with me and I was dying to ask just what really happened between her and Mr. Ex. See, Mrs. P is the apple of her mom's eye and it would kill her mother to know that Mrs. P had an relations what so ever with a man who was not single. Heaven forbid, right?! But we (Mrs. P and I) got to talking and I forgot really just how much I liked her. I figured, the past is the past and I have moved on so rather then bring it up I let it go. I am at peace with that decision but I really wanted to say to her something along the lines of "you really did not do much better with your ex then with mine, did ya?!" So bad...I know. But see, there is more to this story. A while back I posted how my former co-worker thought for sure Mrs. P and her hubby would be popping out babies with no problems. Well, they tried and tried and no luck. After hearing this story, as well as how Mrs. P asshat ex hubby beat her up, I said "maybe it did not happen for a reason."

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!

I hate it when people tell me that. I hate with the heat of 10,000,000 suns. And I just said like a fucking insensitive fertile. I don't know if deep down I was trying to hurt her feelings or what. But really, after those words left my mouth, I felt like a huge bitch. Seriously, I felt hurt for her but WAIT...there's more. She totally agreed with me. She acted relieve that I felt that way, as if we could read each others thoughts. I could see this sense of relief, this sense of "oh, she's not judging me by my infertility" wash over her face. I wanted to hug her and hit her all at once. She truly believed that her being unable to conceive did happen for a reason...and that reason is one day her ex would beat her up. Gah!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

As much as I hate that phrase, I will admit I have thought it several times about people's situation.
It doesn't matter that the real reason is physical. Its irrational, but a natural response to a situation that would have probably been crappier with children involved.
I am sure that in hindsight, she is relieved that they didn't have any. Even though the IF hurt.