AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

I just can't believe it

I can't believe that while I am still pregnant, I am going to miscarry. I hate saying that word. It sucks to know that this baby growing that was growing inside me is no long growing. The words "I am sorry Mrs. Fish stick, but your pregnancy will not progress" changed everything. I am sad, angry, what the hell is this emotion inside me? How can I have gotten so damned attached to this baby? In the span of a weekend, I grew to love my baby and got excited about being baby fish sticks mommy.

Damn it! I am infertile enough to know that bad things happen to they who would be good mommies. But why? Why do these things happen?

I felt so guilty that I got a bfp after my first IVF and there were gals supporting me who were struggling through their 5th and final IVF. There were gals supporting me who knew IVF was out of their reach.

I know that something like 50% of pregnancies end in an early miscarriage and most women going through an early miscarriage never knew they were pregnant to begin. But I knew that I had a little baby inside me. I had early morning sickness (OK, make that all day sickness). I said out loud, "man this would suck if this pregnancy doesn't work after dry heaving over and over." I guess I jinxed myself. :(

So now I am back at square one. Sort of. It sucks to say that I lost this pregnancy. I mean, I did not lose it per say. I am not actively miscarrying yet. No, see, I am still waiting for that part. I am in limbo, I suppose. That makes me even angrier.

I want to force myself to grieve this loss and "get over it." I am just not sure that I can get over it. I guess and I can do is grieve and prepare myself for a future FET.

15 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Sending you many many hugs.

elephantscanremember said...

(Hugs)

Steph said...

Em, I am so sorry. ((hugs))

Barb said...

I'm so sorry sweetheart.
Lots of love.

Allison said...

Wouldn't it be great if we could just flip a switch and "get over it"? I always think that. I want to be okay. But then, if we were okay with something as devastating as this, I'd worry about us. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it better or easier, but just know that you aren't alone and there are lots of us out there thinking of you!

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm sorry.

just me, dawn said...

I am so sorry. there is nothing more to say ((hugs))

Michele said...

Sending you hugs... It's so very hard. And you do love them from the moment they are possibly there. They are your babies. It hurts so much because you love them so much.

Anonymous said...

Here from LCFA. I'm so sorry hun. The same thing happened to me in December. Second beta dropped, spent 5 days waiting to miscarry. That waiting is so hard. Hugs.

Cara said...

Here from LVCA to add, yet another well meaning - I'm so very sorry - to your list.

No one deserves to go through this...((hugs))

A Decade of BFNs said...

I am so sorry. I know how you are feeling right now. I know words can't heal the wound. Hopefully time will. (LCFA)

Anonymous said...

LCFA

My heart goes out to you. Please know I am sitting with you in this dark time.

((hugs))

-Tally

Katie said...

You'll never "get over it". It's the worst possible feeling in the world, no matter how far on the pregnancy and/or IF road you are. Move on WHEN you're ready. I'm so so so sorry. XOs (LFCA)

Aunt Becky said...

I'm so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

It really and truely SUX! I'm sorry.