Yeah...I know...it's late.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I became a phlebotomy student and begin sticking needles in people's arms with kind of joy usually reserved for serial killers and masochists. I am neither but I loved learning new medical and laboratory procedures.
I took and passed my EKG exam and my Phlebotomy exam.
We got to see Anthony Bourdain live. Very cool!
I found myself unexpectedly pregnant and was able to actually stay pregnant. Actually, I still am pregnant.
I hired a midwife and educated myself on homebirth, cloth diapering, breast feeding, circumcision and vaccinating.
Scott and I (and some friends) went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have been to Mexico a few time but never to PV.
I purchased a couch...my first ever "big ticket" item for our home.
Whew! 2010 was quite a year.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make New Year's resolutions because I think its just a good idea to strive to be a better person all the time. But one time, I made a resolution to always untie my shoes before I remove them. That was about 2 years or so ago and I am proud to say that I am still doing it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few of my IF friends gave birth. I was so very happy for these ladies and cried tears of joy for them.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank the good Lord!
5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
My EKG license and my phlebotomy license.
My son in arms.
6. What countries did you visit?
Mexico. I love Mexico and I am already looking forward to my next, although unplanned visit.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
June 2, 2010: It was not only the one year suck-aversary of the loss of my little fishstick but the day I found out I was pregnant.
March 5, 2010: Scott and my 5 year anniversary. I am not a big celebrator of anniversaries unless they are "big" ones. To me, 5 years was a big one and we celebrated. Here is to another 500 years. ;)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing the National EKG and Phlebotomy exam.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I "failed" anything this year. At least, nothing sticks out in my mind as "Oh, that was such a failure" with the exception of my complete inability to maintain my weight where I want it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Let's no talk about that damned kidney stone...'nuff said.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new couch! A bliss and comfort. I love the recline feature and the cup holders.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I just don't have an answer to this question. Moving on...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Do I have to answer this? Can I plead the 5th?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition and then medical expenses. Yeah, it seems like 2011 will be much of the same...OK not tuition but student loans.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Beyond finding out I am pregnant and actually staying pregnant? I am not sure much can top that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I don't know. Although I did get a new iPod Nano this year I don't think any one song on my iPod is standing out as the "song of 2010."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Very, very much happier. I don’t think it even compares. (Stealing this answer because it is just so damn true for me too.)
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter but it's really all baby. :)
iii. richer or poorer? I am guessing poorer but richer in so many ways that does not include money.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Drinking booze. Kidding!! Nothing really. 2010 was really a great year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat less yummy food from the roach coach at school but damn all those Mexican dishes were hard to turn down when my belly was growling.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Well, Christmas 2010 is over and I can't even begin to predict Christmas 2011.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
It seems like every time a meme gets passed around the internet, it starts to lose questions.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With this little boy growing in my belly, on a daily basis.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Probably, but why dwell on it? That takes too much energy.
26. What was the best book you read?
I am still ready Scarpetta and The Lost Symbol but so far they are both good books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Down loading full soundtracks off iTunes. Sweeeeettt!
28. What did you want and get?
Yes and no. I mean I wanted a baby but I tried really hard in 2010 to focus on a new career and less on wanting kids. After all, we were done trying, right. So yeah, I got the baby but not the new career. But in the grand scheme of things, I have to say it was a damn good trade off.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Uh...I don't think I had one. Favorites and I don't go hand and hand.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I am thinking it was low key but everything I wanted it to be. Dinner and hockey? Dinner and a movie? Something along those lines.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lotto? Winning the Stanley Cup!!!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Scrubs and then anything that I could squeeze my pregnant self into followed by maternity clothes. Or any big clothes that covered my bump.
34. What kept you sane?
Scott, wine, chocolate and my midwife.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Anthony Bourdain. He was really into my bump.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I was taught never to talk about politics or religion at the dinner table and since I am sitting where I ate my dinner I am not going to talk about politics...or religion.
37. Who did you miss?
No one. Thank you Facebook for making easy to not miss too many people. Really, I miss my Aunt Jenifer. Her death hit me way to hard and I miss her. She was such a freaking awesome Auntie to me and I know she would love Munchkin with all her heart.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My IBT classmates. Can you networking?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Hives + Romantic vacation in Las Vegas = Pure hell.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Here come the sun..."