AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's only been 100 years or so!

Life has been busy...and hectic!

Tax season is again in full swing and I am going to school full time. Needless to say, I am tired. But I am also at a point where I hate my job. I hate the stress, the constant phone calls, the "I want it now!" attitude from clients and the complete lack of satisfaction I get from doing this job. In a nutshell: I am burnt out!

School is great. We start drawing blood from each other right from the start. I have about 1 stick a day which is a good start. I have missed a few veins here and there but need to remind myself it will happen in the real world too. There are many different methods of drawing blood but I prefer the "straight stick" over the butterfly. We also do urine tests and blood smears. I have a large fear of cutting myself while doing a blood smear (here is a you tube demo for the non-squeamish). I have remind myself that I am wearing gloves and using my own damn blood! I have some good classmates and some not so good classmates. It's funny to hear people complaining about how much homework we have or how hard the tests are. I want to tell these people that this is the medical field and we need to be informed and educated. I want to explain that we are in a competition with other students, not just at our school but other schools too. An employer is going to hire the smartest, hardest working person. But I keep my mouth shut since I am sure they have heard it all before.

There are a few grads who have yet to obtain an externship. These grads are complaining they are being looked over. They don't get it that all those missed classes, failed lab tests, non-participation and lack of completed homework assignments are hurting them.
On the TTC front...well there is no TTC news. We are not trying and I am oddly happy about that. I could not imagine having a new baby and going to school. I can't imagine how much more tired I would be going to school, work and being pregnant all at once. I still get jealous pangs and still wish it would just happen but I need to keep my feet grounded and live in the real world. I guess some things just are not meant to be and I need to deal with that. My dear LP friend made this for us facing that reality. :)


Sharks hockey isn't so hot lately but I am keeping the faith. I recently got back into scrap booking and hope to share some pages I made soon.
Scott and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It was a bitter sweet day in that I love him and am so happy we have had 5 years together and look forward to the future. But, it was also my due date. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my little fish stick. But all in all, it was a wonderful day.

Phones are ringing off the hook so back to the grind for me. I am hoping to catch up on my blogs and get some commenting in soon.

Luck of the Irish to ya'll. Drink a green beer or at least wear some green today.


2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

It's been at least 100 years! ;)

You have a busy life. I hope you're taking care of yourself! I can't wait for you to get a job doing something you want to do. Being burned out sux!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.