AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

All of a sudden, I feel my age

Lately, after I have been sitting for some time (5 minutes to 1 hour, makes no difference), my left knee hurts. It hurts to put pressure on it, hurts to bend it, and hurts to straighten it. After a few hobbling steps, I can walk without a limp and only minor pain. Surely this is a sign that arthritis has invaded this knee. :(

After wearing heels for a day at work (read: sitting at a desk) my feet hurt! I mean seriously, they are in major pain. I feel like I still have my heels on. Granted, I wasn't wearing my most comfortable heels yesterday but they aren't too bad.

My back...oh my aching back. Accountants seem to get the "accountants hump." It is what happens When you sit in front of a computer all day with your neck pushed forward, leaving your upper back and in between your shoulder blades is pain. Add in sleeping all twisted up and you get extra sore.

I don't sleep well when I am stressed out and the more tired I am, the more stressed I am. It's a viscous circle, I tell ya.

Put stressed plus achy knee plus sore feet plus screaming back pain plus sheer exhaustion together and what do you get? A person who feels their age!

Ok, that is my whine for the day.

No comments: