AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

They Say

Who are "They?" You know the saying, "They say blah blah blah..." My question is, "Who are They?" Gary Larson, creator of the "Far Side" once drew a comic strip showing a room full of people all listening in on people's phone conversations. All the phones were labeled "They." Somehow, it doesn't sound funny when I describe it but if you were to see the comic strip, it would make you chuckle.


"They" say that more people commit suicide around the holidays and I can see why. (Don't worry, I am not falling off the deep end and planning my suicide!) Let's start with the music. Holiday music is great but I can only handle so much before I want to jam an ice pick in my ears.


And the drivers! I was walking through a parking lot to hit up Old Navy. I intentionally parked as far as possible to say my car doors from being dinged and to avoid fighting 10 cars for 1 close up spot. While walking towards the store, I saw one lady speeding through the parking lot. If she hit someone, it would be ugly. Another guy was parking spot stalking* and driving so dang slow. I would have screamed if I was in the car behind him.


Then there is the sales. How do I know if I am getting the best deal? How do I know if this is what I really want to purchase?

And please for the love of Pete Sakes don't get me started on the whole "happy holidays" vs the "Merry Christmas" debate. I won't even touch that one with a ten foot pole!

Up next? My new ink... ;)

* Parking lot stalking: the act of following a person around a parking lot hoping to get their spot in a crowded parking lot. Stalkers look for people walking away from the mall/store with shopping bags. Some stalkers even offer customers rides to their car just to get their spot. I have never done that. Never ever!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Someone once parking lot stalked me at the airport while I was crying my eyes out after dropping hub (bf then) off at the airport for yet another long separation. Pissed me off... he followed the whole.way.there.