AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Viability and some guilt

First of all: Viability!! Hitting 24 weeks and feeling my son dance around inside me is such an awesome feeling. I love my son and can't wait to meet him. I am glad to know that should something happen and my baby needs to be born now, he has a 50% of survival. As much as I want to meet my baby, however, I do want him to keep cooking. I reassure him that his being in my belly is easy for me and I love feeling him inside me.

I have guilt about my lack of note taking for this pregnancy. I can't even remember really when I felt munchkin's first movements. I haven't been taking belly shots like I always assumed I would. But I am completely savoring this pregnancy. I just feel like living in the now and just enjoy my pregnancy.

Munchkin is doing great! He rolls around and kicks all the time. He does have his quite times and seems to be very predictable. My weight gain is right on track, despite the fact that I look "huge." I had a client go on and on about my weight gain and how huge I am getting and how I am ruining myself and "really should watch my weight" and "control myself." I really wanted to kick him or shove his head up his butt but restrained myself. Even when he said I looked like I "am about to pop," I kept my cool. However, I was mad. I get so tired of people commenting about on huge I look. Um, yeah. Hello, I am six months pregnant and I am healthy. I have always been curvy and had said over and over that I just don't have a waist. I am not going to get taller so the only way for my belly to go is out.

But, all the remarks can make a hormonal gal, already insecure, carrying body image issues freak out. I find myself saying, I don't need a snack, even if my belly is growling. I am limiting my intake and drinking extra water to fill my tummy and then feel bad that Munchkin isn't getting what he needs. I eat carrots and oranges a lot since I figure they are healthy snacks.

My oldest nephew is planning on coming home in time for birth. He is so excited and I feel so blessed that Munchkin will have his older cousins. :)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sweets, eat whenyou're hungry! I mean, healthy food is best, but don't starve yourself! People are idiots... ESPECIALLY MEN who say it. I mean, come on really??? I'm small with a short waist as well, so the baby just went out. You aren't huge. People just lack the ability to judge after about 5 or 6 mos I swear. Then you just always look "huge" to them. You are just perfect the way you are. If your doctor says you are healthy and you feel healthy, you are fine. Enjoy the belly and screw everyone else. ;-) After having the baby, I look back on pregnancy pictures, and I think I really did look beautiful, but I didn't think that at the time. (Ok well, except for maybe the last few days of it,but that's b/c I was exhausted and bloated)

I can't wait for you to meet him either! So exciting. SO SO SO SO SO happy for you.

Me said...

See now I totally didn't mind the "You are huge" comments. I would just smile and rub my belly and say "Yep. I'm gigantic! My little guy is healthy and growing!" At my last weigh in at 39w6d I had gained 47 pounds. And I gained 15 pounds over the course of the 3 IVFs. So I was quite large. Totally didn't care. I thought my pregnant silhouette was beautiful and I'm sure yours is too!